SolarWinds NPM Review

Good equipment monitoring, very good technical support and reliable stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our network.

What is most valuable?

All the features are very good. The monitoring of the equipment, the configuration manager, and the IP address monitoring are great.

What needs improvement?

The UI needs improvement, although in the latest version we installed I've noticed it has gotten better.

Improvement also is required the monitoring of multiple interfaces from different devices.

I've been using the solution for ten years.

The solution is stable.

Scalability is a bit tricky because it requires more gateways in order to get the performance you may need. It also requires a lot of licensing.

We have been very pleased with technical support. They respond quite quickly and the responses are always helpful.

The initial setup was straightforward. We had it up and running pretty quickly. The actual deployment takes a bit of time, but the initial configuration to import a few devices was about a day.

The solution was installed quite a long time ago. We may have used an integrator, but I don't think he did much more than I could have done myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More SolarWinds NPM reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with ManageEngine OpManager
Learn what your peers think about SolarWinds NPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.