SolarWinds NPM Review

Has good support is absolutely stable

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if SolarWinds added some technical protocols like Modbus. The market needs a simple solution for monitoring a technical device.

I have been using SolarWinds for two years.

It is an absolutely stable platform.

It's very easy to scale. The scalability is brilliant. If you need additional monitoring resources or if you need to plug in your secondary data center, it takes thirty minutes. It's easy to use.

I like SolarWinds support because it's 24/7. You describe your issues, your situation and maybe two or three hours later you can discuss a solution with a technical engineer.

The setup took approximately two to three hours. You need about two hours for tuning. If you use only two or three modules like network performance monitors or network traffic analyzers, you need two or three hours, not more.

The setup required two staff members. One network administrator who needs to pre-configure the network infrastructure and one administrator. You need only two administrators.

You pay for the license you need. You buy it and use. The next year you will have to buy a renewal.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to someone considering it.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More SolarWinds NPM reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with ManageEngine OpManager
Learn what your peers think about SolarWinds NPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.