SolarWinds Server and Application Monitor Review

More application insight-based widgets

What is our primary use case?

We are solution providers and this is one of the monitoring solutions that we implement for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

SAM has altered the way monitoring is being looked at - from just being able to monitor CPU, Mem, Disk and network utilization levels we have moved to the next levels of finding out process related issues, service related issues and specific application related issues to identify root cause of performance issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is application monitoring. Already 1200 application monitoring templates exist with the Solarwinds SAM monitoring and the AppInsights for IIS, SQL, Exchange & AD.

What needs improvement?

I am looking for more application insight-based widgets with the service. They currently have them for IIS, SQL, Exchange, and Active Directory.

I would like to see additional application support for non-Windows servers. This would give us more flexibility in terms of monitoring customer applications.

I have been working with the SolarWinds Server and Application Monitor for about five years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a Partner & Reseller for Solarwinds
More SolarWinds Server and Application Monitor reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SolarWinds Server and Application Monitor. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.