SolarWinds Server and Application Monitor Review

Easy to install and customize and has good reporting features

What is our primary use case?

We implement solutions and make comparative analysis for customers. I'm a consultant and we help clients choose ITSM solutions.

We use a hybrid version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features are the reports. They're pretty good. Also, the ease of installation and customization for the client is another feature that we value. SolarWinds has a lot of features but these are the ones I like the most. We also like that the KPIs have the ability to be preset.

What needs improvement?

I had a problem with the price for a client. It was hard to understand the infrastructure and how many devices and how much storage they could get. In the end, we found a different license model for them.

They should incorporate more artificial intelligence. There should also be more predictive features.

I have been using this solution for around ten years.

It's very scalable. I installed it in a lot of companies. One had more than 1,000 users. There were no problems with it. We showed an internal team how to configure it for 100 devices and then they configured the rest of the 900.

Their technical support was okay. We only needed to contact them once.

The initial setup took four hours. Including configuring a network for 300 Cisco switches and 32 cloud servers including database servers.

The price is reasonable. The price of the package we bought was a differentiating factor in choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 9.5 out of ten. My clients are satisfied.