SolidFire Review

Competitively priced and easy to use with great technical support

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used as an on-premises VMWare based application provisioning platform.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable thing aspect of the solution is the fact that it's all in one and all in a very small physical footprint. It has all of your major components, including your storage area network, servers, and networking footprint.

The delivery of the product is very fast and the solution itself deploys quickly, it is up and running within hours.

The product is competitively priced and technical support is good.

You can easily and effectively scale this solution. It's one of the main selling points and one of the features that makes it far superior to competitors.

We've been dealing with the solution for about three years now.

The stability of the solution is amazing. There aren't bugs or glitches. There isn't freezing or crashing. I find the solution reliable.

The solution is unbelievably scalable. It's one of the solution's main characteristics that differentiate it from other similar products. If a company is looking for something that can scale easily, this is that solution.

The technical support of the solution is quite good. They are responsive and knowledgeable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward, deployment is lightning fast and very easy.

In House

The pricing of the solution is fair and definitely competes in the marketplace. We have no monthly cost. We bought the product outright with all licensing included and have support with them for three years.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution. Implementing it is a breeze, support is good and scaling is easy. If you do not have a lot of technical capability on-premise, that would certainly be a leading reason to look at this solution.

More SolidFire reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
...who compared it with NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS)
Learn what your peers think about SolidFire. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.