SonarQube Review

It has very good scalability and stability

What is our primary use case?

We usually do the development in Java, and when we finish the development, we usually run the SonarQube tests and review the critical level, bugs, and security issues. We also review the license and the web issues and try to solve them, and then pass again through SonarQube.

We usually deploy it in the cloud, but sometimes we also have on-premises solutions.

What is most valuable?

It has very good scalability and stability.

What needs improvement?

We also use Fortify, which is another tool to find security errors. Fortify is a better security tool. It is better than SonarQube in finding errors. Sometimes, SonarQube doesn't find some of the errors that Fortify is able to find. Fortify also has a community, which SonarQube doesn't have.

Its installation is a little bit complex. We need to install a database, install the product, and specify the version of the database and the product. They can simplify the installation and make it easier. We use docker for the installation because it is easier to use.

Its dashboard needs to be improved. It is not intuitive. It is hard to understand the interface, and it can be improved to provide a better user experience.

I have been using SonarQube for two years.

Its stability is very good.

It has very good scalability. In my company, we have less than 15 users. They are mostly developers.

I have not used the support.

I have used Codestyle and a few other tools. SonarQube is similar to other tools.

Its installation is a little bit complex. They can simplify the installation and make it easier.

We didn't evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SonarQube a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

10.2
More SonarQube reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Fortify Application Defender
Learn what your peers think about SonarQube. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.