SonarQube Review

Open-source, secure static testing, but cannot be used for dynamic testing

What is our primary use case?

We use SonarQube for testing and quality assurance. We use this in banks for testing.

We also use SonarQube for security static testing.

What is most valuable?

It provides the security that is required from a solution for financial businesses.

What needs improvement?

SonarQube is used for static testing, not for dynamic. We found a solution with dynamic testing, and are looking to find a solution that can be used for both types of testing.

I would like to see software included that can be used with Waterfall projects.

We try to primarily use open-source solutions. The organization tries not to spend money for the moment. Many clients do not want to pay for solutions during this time, especially in the case of products that are expensive.

We have partnered with B2B American to help with the purchasing of the license.

We have just been approved to purchase SonarQube Developer Edition.

We have a license with 125,000 lines of code. We did not purchase a lot of lines but it is specific to our code environment.

It's an open-source solution.

We are currently evaluating other solutions that are open-source. The company is trying to reduce the amount of money spent on solutions.

We are looking for the newest technologies but the biggest stopper for us is money.

What other advice do I have?

For the units of architecture, we have tried to find the newest technology that would benefit the manifest of their orientation.

It has been very difficult. Last year many projects stopped.

I would rate SonarQube a six out of ten.

More SonarQube reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Fortify Application Defender
Learn what your peers think about SonarQube. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.