SonarQube Review

My team's code bases have gotten better, with about 25% less issues since we began using it. However, they removed the design libraries and dependencies-checking features from v5.2.

What is most valuable?

Its dashboards, quality profile, quality gates and CI integration features (like as build breaker plugin) are the most valuable features for me.

Personally, I have used SonarQube for educational purposes. SonarQube is helpful for giving motivation to a small development team (10 members or a little above) on code quality improvements with small efforts.

How has it helped my organization?

My team uses just two features - dashboards and CI-build-breaker - for checking code quality and the stability of our code base. For those purpose, SonarQube has done its work greatly. We have seen a decrease of about 25% of issues from since we first started using it a few months ago, and my team code bases are getting better.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I don't like is that they removed the design libraries and dependencies-checking features from v5.2. I hope they reintroduce these features in the future.

I've used it for approximately two years, since December 2013.

I have not encountered any issues.

I've not had to use them. I thinks it's online documentation is up to date, and it is enough to use them to solve problems and to understand features.

I've not had to use them.

My development team adopted SonarQube in January 2015 for code quality improvement, and had not used any code quality checking tool before.

The initial setup is easy. They provide a step-by-step online guideline to follow for installing it.

It has decreased the efforts of my team for finding and fixing potential issues which exist in our code base.

We are only using the free features.

What other advice do I have?

Just keep following their online installation and plugin development guide.