SonarQube Review

Plenty of features, but needs multiple other products to function well

What is our primary use case?

SonarQube can be used to analyze application code. We are testing SonarQube with some of our other products. We use the Sonar Link plugin with Teamscale, which is then applied to the main product we are using.

What is most valuable?

I am only interested in the security features in SonarQube. There are plenty of features other features, such as test coverage, code anomalies, and pointer access are handled by the business logic teams. They get the reports and they have to fix them in JIRA or Bugzilla.

What needs improvement?

We have to combine several products in order to cover as many flaws that might exist in the code. We have to integrate several products to set the security functionality of the product. SonarQube should have better functionality to cover all areas of security limiting our need for other products.

We have tens of millions of code to be analyzed and processed. There can be some performance degradation if we are applying Sonar Link to large code or code that is complex. When the code had to be analyzed is when we ran into the main issues. There were several routines involved to solve those performance issues but this process should be improved.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

There can be some stability issues.

I have used Veracode.

I have evaluated many other solutions similar to SonarQube.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SonarQube a six out of ten.

More SonarQube reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Fortify Application Defender
Learn what your peers think about SonarQube. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.