SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Review

Protects against zero-day threats and has good automation options

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement the solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

I enjoy SonicWall as a package. I really like the fact that they robust firewall solution for enterprises It's known to protect against zero-day threats and that's awesome for my IT security system. Also, in terms of optimizing network traffic for specific applications that may need it more than others, the solution is great.

I like this setup for a firewall. You can set things up very easily and you can automate items as well. It's a very robust firewall solution for enterprises as well as small businesses.

What needs improvement?

I would say the solution needs a much simpler user interface, but the functionality of the firewall is quite extensive. You do need the user interface to be that way, however, if there was a way to figure out how to make the user interface a little easier, that would be great. Right now, you can always watch tutorials to figure stuff out.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is scalable. It is very easy to upgrade if you need to grow.

Technical support has been good. SonicWall is very responsive when you input any issues.

The initial setup is very straightforward. The wizard is quite helpful. How long the deployment takes depends on the size of the network. I usually do things over the weekend so I will come in on a Saturday morning and set up the firewall, which is about half an hour to an hour. After that, I connect everything up and look through it. For deployment, you can do it alone. The number of staff you need for maintenance depends on the size of the network.

I did try Sophos. I was told to try Fortinet as well but I didn't end up evaluating the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We work with the on-premises version of the solution.

I would recommend the solution. It works for all sizes of business and they have different versions of the firewall for different sizes of companies. They have TZ400 for larger companies. It goes up depending on the scale of the business you are trying to implement it into.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.