SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection Review

Has application policies that block certain websites and allow bandwidth for others

What is our primary use case?

I'm a systems administrator and we use the product as an application filter, mainly to provide protection, blocking unwanted websites and for security purposes. I can't comment on the number of our clients using the solution, it's against our company policy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the product are the application filters, application policies, that block certain websites and allow bandwidth for others, those kinds of things. I also like the dashboard.

What needs improvement?

I don't think I can comment on what could be improved because I've only had experience with SonicWall. I know how to use other SonicWalls like Cisco zone but I don't have much experience in firewalls and I've never deployed other brands.

There are many versions for SonicWall, like Sandbox and also various options for security policies. Sometimes customers are not aware of which protection is best for their business and SonicWall doesn't provide them with information on security features.

To improve the product some kind of online training or platform would be helpful. If people had access to a training channel or website it would allow them to learn more about the product.

I've been using SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection for three years.

It's a stable product. I restart, reboot every month so it has a chance to refresh, and I think that helps keep things stable.

The scalability is very good.

I've had good experience with technical support. I receive regular updates and sometimes they call. We have a connection with SonicWall so they provide solutions.

The setup is quite straightforward, although I also received assistance from the supplier.

What other advice do I have?

We use Cloud as our deployment model.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

More SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection reviews from users