SonicWall Email Security Review

Good scalability and stability but there is no in-country support in Nigeria

What is most valuable?

The anti-spam aspect of the solution is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The after-sale support needs improvement. They don't have representation in my country. It's always through email or remote connectivity that we work under. That is why I just had to drop the solution and look for something else. If they had the support I needed I would still be using them.

They need well-trained partners in Nigeria.

The solution could improve its edgeware and email security, manageability and remote connectivity.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

The solution is stable, but it does have room for improvement.

The solution is very scalable. We have about 500 users at the company using it currently.

There is no support offered in my country. The closest options may be South Africa and Dubai, but with the time differences, it takes a long time to get assistance.

We've currently stopped using SonicWall and are currently using Check Point. We stopped using SonicWall due to the lack of in-country support. We also received a new device from Check Point, which offers more features for both firewall and email security.

The initial setup was okay; we had someone fly to Nigeria to assist with the implementation. Deployment took about five working days. We had about two to three people managing and administrating the solution once it was deployed.

We had an integrator assist with the initial setup.

We paid a licensing fee every two or three years. There are also additional costs associated with the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Before I got email security I was using the NSV 2400 as the edge device, as the firewall, so this solution integrated smoothly with the firewall and the Microsoft Exchange I was using. That was very helpful.

You definitely need very good after-sale support when you use this product, but we didn't have that. I had to deal with a few things, like ransomware, which could have been easier if I had access to better support.

Still, I would recommend the product. I would have kept it if I could have been assured better support.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.