SonicWall Email Security Review

Good filtering for common threats, but we would like more intelligent spam filtering and sandboxing

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for email filtering.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the anti-spam, anti-phishing, anti-virus, and anti-spoofing.

What needs improvement?

A lot of spoofed emails are still coming to the end-user, so the configuration for this option needs to be improved.

We had an issue where our logs stopped working. We contacted support and they were able to correct the problem.

We created a list of rules used to approve email, but when the list hit a certain number of rules, all of the emails stopped coming in and we had to delete some rules.

In the next release, we would like to see more intelligence in the spam filtering with an ability to examine suspicious links. We would like to see them tested using sandboxing.

We have been using SonicWall Email Security for more than five years.

We contacted technical support over the issue with the logs stopping. They did something on the backend and the logging started again.

Prior to using this solution, we relied on Microsoft Office 365 ATP, but we did not use a dedicated email security product.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has been really good for us and I recommend using it. If there is a big difference between what you are using now and this solution, then test it out. When we look for new solutions, we want to know what features are not in SonicWall. So far, we have stayed with it, but we would like to have more intelligent filtering in the future.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Other