SonicWall NSa Review

A stable solution that meets our requirements and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We are using SonicWall NSA 2600 for firewall purposes. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is able to fulfill my requirements. It protects our network environment. It has control over IPS, signatures, and it can also manage bandwidth and mapping. It is also stable and has good support.

What needs improvement?

It doesn't require much improvement. The only improvement area is that cloud reporting, assessment reporting, and other reporting features should be available with the subscription. They should provide reporting features with the subscription base, which is currently not there. We bought the reporting tool, but there are some complications. They have made some changes to the application, and now the reporting management is completely on the cloud.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It has been stable. There are no issues with its stability.

It is not scalable. We can upgrade to a new box depending on the subscription. We have a three-year subscription, so we will continue with it for three years. After that, we would look for an alternative tool based on our requirements. Currently, we have approximately 250 plus users.

We have a license for support. We can raise a ticket if we need any assistance from their support. They are good, and I am satisfied with their support. They always take care of customer satisfaction. There might be a delay or something, but at the end of the day, they resolve the issues.

I have used other solutions. Palo Alto and Sophos are good solutions. FortiGate is also good, and it allows you to see and manage everything from one control. Some of the features available in other solutions might not be available in SonicWall NSA, but it is fulfilling my requirements.

We don't really need any support with the installation. There are a lot of knowledge documents. We also have a license for support, and if required, we can get support.

We have only two people who have been managing it for the last three years or so. We didn't face any challenges.

Its price is okay.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I am satisfied with this solution.

I would rate SonicWall NSA an eight out of ten.

More SonicWall NSa reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about SonicWall NSa. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.