What is most valuable?
- SSL VPN & Application Control
- SSL VPN is important since several people are mobile and need files to access the server in the office. This is convenient, since they don’t need to go back to the office just use the SSL VPN.
- Application control is important to limit the users in the office from consuming bandwidth such as downloads by torrent and games. This also protects us from malicious applications such as anonymous proxy.
How has it helped my organization?
- Creating site to site VPN for HQ
- Branch via satellite connection for the branch
What needs improvement?
Access management port: This needs improving by SonicWall firmware.
For how long have I used the solution?
We have been using the solution for three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We did not encounter any issues with stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We had a scalability issue.
How are customer service and technical support?
Level-3 technical support is good.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We switched because of stability issues when turning on the UTM feature.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup was simple.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Pricing and licensing are competitive for this product.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
If you looking for a simple site-to-site VPN, stable UTM feature, and easy SSL VPN setup, then this solution is OK.