SonicWall NSA Review

Performance is unique among firewall products, but it is lacking some next-generation functionality

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases for this solution are protection and for a VPN.

How has it helped my organization?

My former company is a SonicWall distributor and I am looking to work with this solution in future projects.

What is most valuable?

I really like the performance; there are no delays and no latency, which is a unique quality in firewalls nowadays.

What needs improvement?

• The cloud services may be in need of some improvement.
  • ADR needs to be added to the portfolio.
  • Some next-generation features are not included in the product.

Approximately eight months.

This is a very stable solution and I have heard no objections from customers about it.

It is very scalable.

We have had no interaction with their technical support.

The initial setup of this product is very easy.

Two engineers are required for deployment and maintenance.

I have implemented this solution many times. Some of these were on my own, while in some cases I obtained the help of a consultant. The consultants are great. They are well educated and know how to use the product.

The pricing and licensing are the best part. SonicWall is great compared to competitors, such as Palo Alto, and it has the same features. Considering the market, I believe that the price of this solution is great.

What other advice do I have?

This product is not as well known as some others because it is not marketed as well as it could be.

My advice for others who are implementing the solution is to do the sizing well. If it is done correctly then there will not be any problems.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.