SonicWall NSSP Review

Is stable and scalable, and has sandbox and DPI-SSL features

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the data center to protect the server and prevent internal attacks and also external attacks, if they can pass through the first tier-one firewall.

What is most valuable?

The sandbox and the DPI-SSL are two main key features that I find valuable.

SonicWall NSSP is stable and scalable too.

You also get more value for money compared to that of other solutions.

What needs improvement?

The user interface, the GUI, could be improved.

If they decide to simplify the GUI, it would be good because there is no point in being so different from others. If you do that, you may be sacrificing the strengths of the product.

I've been using SonicWall NSSP for two or three years.

It is a stable solution.

SonicWall NSSP is sufficient and quick enough to be scalable. There are no issues with supporting the data center. So, there are no problems with scalability. We plan to increase usage as well.

Previously we used Fortinet. We switched to SonicWall NSSP because the newer prices for Fortinet were quite expensive when it came to subscriptions.

Then, when it came to HA, high availability, we would have had to pay for two licenses for Fortinet. With regard to active/passive, we would still have had to pay for two licenses.

When I deployed SonicWall NSSP high availability, active/passive, I didn't need to buy two licenses; I just needed to buy one license. So, when it comes to total cost of ownership, for me SonicWall NSSP gives much more value for money.

The initial setup is quite complex because we have to get a lot of policies.

For SonicWall NSSP high availability, active/passive, you need to buy one license, and so you get much more value for money.

What other advice do I have?

If I were to rate this solution on a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at ten.

More SonicWall NSSP reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco ASA Firewall
Find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, WiJungle, Cisco and others in Firewalls. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.