SonicWall SonicWave Access Points Review

A great management option that offers good integration with many capabilities

What is our primary use case?

SonicWave Access is the application that controls the appliance and eases management for WiFi devices access points. It's integrated with our WiFi control manager. We are partners with SonicWall.

What is most valuable?

This is a very good management option that can be managed through the cloud or firewall. It's a very good solution for controlling or managing the device and offers good integration with many capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Integrating with the firewall and management console was a little complex.

The solution is very stable, although we had some issues immediately after deployment. Since it's been up and running, it's very stable.

The solution is scalable although we haven't scaled. It has a fixed number of users that it will support, but if you go above that number you can add on another appliance and it will support the increased number. We have 10 access points and close to 200 employees connected.

We called technical support to help us with the implementation and they were very helpful. There's also a lot of documentation available online.

The initial setup was somewhat complex.

The licensing is on an annual basis and is on the pricey side.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking to deploy a WiFi solution, I would recommend going for the SonicWave series. It offers all the features for basic WiFi requirements.

I rate this product an eight out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, Ubiquiti Networks, Ruckus and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: June 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.