What is most valuable?
- The management GUI is easy to configure, friendly to use, manage, and troubleshoot
- IPSec/SSL VPN is easy to configure
- It offers granular level of control for IPS and firewalls with advanced application control features
- You have one console to manage different aspect of the product
- It provides a high level of security
- It is easy to integrate into an existing network
- It provides a high level of throughput
What needs improvement?
- The DPI SSL Inspection needs a lot of improvements
- Dell SonicWALL doesn’t offer virtual UTM models which is a very fast growing area in the world
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for three years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
The firewall does crash and/or unexpectedly reboots.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Generally speaking no, but sizing correctly is main challenge, and that is why you need to make sure you select the right model.
How are customer service and technical support?
The hold time is very long, and they need to hire more people to handle the huge number of incoming calls. Technical Support
Dell SonicWALL tech support is excellent, and they meet the evolving needs of their clients.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I had a chance to work with Fortinet and Netasq. and am also currently exploring CheckPoint. It was a part of my job when I joined different companies, and each with had partnership with these products.
How was the initial setup?
Most of the deployments were straightforward, whether as a standalone unit or as part of an HA setup.
What about the implementation team?
It was an in-house team who consulted with the vendor for complex installations.
What was our ROI?
It delivers an immediate ROI with a low cost of managing and maintaining multiple security solutions, it increases productivity, and improves security.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
No other options were evaluated.
What other advice do I have?
Dell SonicWALL UTM is strong in the UTM space with great support. They continue to innovate and deliver a solid UTM product with high throughput speed. Added to this, Dell partners are pleased with their SonicWALL partnership as well as the products features and excellent support.