SonicWall TZ Review

Effective content filtering, interface easy to navigate, and excellent customer support

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for internet access, content filtering, point-to-point tunnels, and bandwidth management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features have been content filtering, and the interface is easy to navigate and to use.

What needs improvement?

The log sections could be done more clearly.

I would like there to be the ability to manage content filtering on a per-user basis or by using the application as we normally would for all users. Currently, it is applied to a group of users and I do not think it is reliable or performing as good as it should.

I have been using this solution for approximately 12 years.

I have found this solution reliable and stable.

The solution is scalable. Our client's user usage sizes vary. We have clients with five to 200 users using the solution. The number of connections is not limited and there is always room for expansion.

The technical support is excellent.

We previously used Microsoft before SonicWall. We switched because this solution has more features, such as embedded content filtering.

The initial setup is easy.

If you are not using a vendor or implementation team it can take a maximum of three hours for a medium-size company of 50 users.

The price is fair for the solution for the quality you receive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it is easy to use and the configuration is simple.

I rate SonicWall TZ an eight out of ten.

More SonicWall TZ reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about SonicWall TZ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.