SonicWall TZ Review

The technical support for the end user was reduced because the wipe action was already controlled

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a next-generation firewall, protecting our websites, our studio, protecting our network from attacks and also content filtering for our youth, our users on the network, and also a gateway anti-virus.

How has it helped my organization?

The technical support for the end user was reduced because the wipe action was already controlled. Also, the gateway antivirus prevented any virus from getting onto PCs or laptops. The administration of our network is very efficient.

What is most valuable?

I've found content censoring to be the most useful.

What needs improvement?

There can be an improvement in analysis and reporting. We need enhancement on the reporting side.

I've been using the solution for 10 years.

The stability is very nice. We have around fifty people using the solution.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used administrative documents from the website of SonicWall. There was no need for anything else. Deployment took one or two hours, but we had a planning session first. Without that, implementation would take a long time.

Licensing costs have been around $2,000. There are no other costs above the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, it's a good solution. I would rate it 8 out of 10.