SonicWall TZ Review

Powerful unified threat management for enterprise networks

What is our primary use case?

SonicWall TZ is a UTM. We use it for unified threat management. It helps us a lot, although the software needs to be installed on a better machine to do the analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

The log analyzer in SonicWall TZ is something that they need to improve upon. With other firewalls, they have built-in storage. We also need to retain the logs for analysis.

With SonicWall TZ, these features are less when we compare it to other solutions.

What is most valuable?

The features that we have found most valuable in SonicWall TZ are the intrusion and brute force attack prevention.

What needs improvement?

This product has room for improvement in the cloud version. Also, the support could be better. Otherwise, SonicWall TZ is good for us.

The additional feature I would like to see included in the next release of SonicWall is a better analyzer. That would be more helpful. Then people will stay with SonicWall.

We have been using this firewall solution for almost 10 years now.

We like the product. SonicWall TZ is stable and serving the purpose required.

The scalability of SonicWall TZ is good. It's easy-to-use and straightforward. One or two admins should be sufficient for user management.

The SonicWall TZ support is okay overall but could be improved in many ways.

We were using Cisco previously.

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment here is quite simple. We were using Cisco products previously.

What other advice do I have?

SonicWall TZ firewalls are very easy to use. It's a next-generation firewall. Compare products in terms of the features. With SonicWall TZ, we get more value for the money.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate this solution an eight. The analysis meter and other important features are still missing.