Sophos Cyberoam UTM Review

A stable security solution, but the interface needs improvement because it is not user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and Sophos Cyberoam UTM is one of the security products that we have experience with, in that capacity. It is primarily used for layer three gateway protection.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a managed service, which means that the customer does not need to purchase hardware and employ a system integrator to install it. Rather, they just have to subscribe to it. The service includes reports that we provide to the clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the layer three gateway protection.

What needs improvement?

Cyberoam UTM needs to have more certifications with third-parties, such as NSS Labs.

The GUI is not very user-friendly and should be improved. One of our customers had trouble with the configuration and needed somebody to help manage it for them.

The vendor needs to generally invest more in the development of this product.

The product, itself, doesn't seem to have any bugs or glitches. However, one of our customers had a lot of trouble with it because it wasn't being managed.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

We recently had a customer that was using this product, although we later persuaded them to switch to the Fortinet product, FortiGuard UTM. The suitability of Cyberoam UTM depends on the required sizing.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, I don't think that Sophos Cyberoam UTM is a friendly product to work with, and I would recommend the solution by Fortinet instead.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

More Sophos Cyberoam UTM reviews from users
...who work at a Non Profit
...who compared it with Sophos UTM
Find out what your peers are saying about Sophos, Cisco, Juniper and others in Unified Threat Management (UTM). Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.