Sophos Cyberoam UTM Review

Good application filtering, anti-spam, and IPS features

What is our primary use case?

We are using Cyberoam UTM as our centralized gateway and it is useful for web filtering, application filtering, anti-spam, and IPS.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the IPS and anti-spam functionality. The application filter is also very good.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Web filtering capability that allows the blocking of web sites needs to be implemented.

We have had some issues with technical support, which is an area that needs improvement.

Support for cloud security sandboxing would be a helpful addition to this product.

I have worked with Sophos Cyberoam UTM for about 10 years.

Cyberoam is mostly stable but sometimes there are bugs. During such periods, we have resolved the issues by either rolling back firmware or updating.

Overall, it is a good experience in terms of stability and performance.

We have not had the requirement to scale because it has been more than enough for us. We have about 300 users and have not had any issues in terms of performance.

The speed of response from technical support is very good. However, the solution that they gave us was not working afterward. We implemented the solution and did not get the desired result.

We did not use another similar product prior to Cyberoam.

It is very easy to implement and configure.

Our in-house team was responsible for the deployment.

There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

This product is going to be at the end of life this year, so we are going to be looking at other devices and other vendors. The best product that we have tested so far is from Fortinet. My second choice would be Sophos UTM.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if Cyberoam continues in the future then it is a product I recommend. However, my understanding is that the product will no longer be available next year.

For people who want to migrate from Cyberoam, the best option that we have seen so far is from Fortinet.

CR300iNG
More Sophos Cyberoam UTM reviews from users
...who work at a Non Profit
...who compared it with Sophos UTM
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Cyberoam UTM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.