Sophos Cyberoam UTM Review

It works fine but needs a better VPN client

What is our primary use case?

It is the gateway to the internet connection in our company.

What is most valuable?

It has been working fine. You just turn it on, and it works.

What needs improvement?

It should have a better VPN client. We decided to find something different than Cyberoam because of the VPN client software.

It would be nice to have a user interface not only in English but also in different languages.

I have been using Sophos Cyberoam UTM for ten years.

It is stable. There have been no problems with it.

I don't have any experience with technical support because we did not use technical support.

It was quite easy to configure this device. There was a very nice Cyberoam knowledge base on the internet, so it was quite easy to configure the whole device.

We ordered the device, and our partner commissioned it. We manage it ourselves. There are two persons responsible for the network setup in our company.

It is not cheap.

What other advice do I have?

We are in the process of changing the firewall in our company. We have been using Sophos Cyberoam UTM for ten years, and now the device is quite old. It has been working fine, and we are looking for new equipment only because of the age of this device. We have requirements for features like filtering, VPN connections, and we are trying to find the best solution for our requirements at a reasonable price.

I would rate Sophos Cyberoam UTM a five out of ten.

More Sophos Cyberoam UTM reviews from users
...who work at a Non Profit
...who compared it with Sophos UTM
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Cyberoam UTM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.