Sophos Cyberoam UTM Review

Easy to use, provides VPN capabilities, and improves our network security

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Cyberoam for securing our network. We also use it for VPN.

What is most valuable?

It is not possible for anyone to enter our network until after they are able to log in, which is the most fascinating aspect for me.

The user interface is well laid out and understandable.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, users are timed out intermittently.

We have had trouble logging into the firmware.

We have been using Sophos Cyberoam UTM for almost 10 years.

This is a stable product.

Cyberoam UTM is a scalable solution. Everyone on our network uses it, so it protects the whole organization. There are perhaps 300 or 400 people.

The customer support is wonderful. We only had to contact Sophos once. They helped us and it was awesome.

The first time you configure the device, you may find it complex. However, in time, you will see that it is simple. It's well laid out and fine to use. The deployment will take approximately a week.

We implemented in-house and when we experienced problems, we contacted the reseller to assist.

We paid for a two-year FullGuard license that includes support.

Cyberoam will be reaching end-of-life in two years, so we will be moving to something else. We think that if we upgrade to Sophos XG, some of the problems that we are having could go away.

What other advice do I have?

Our experience with this product so far has been wonderful. Everything about it is fine and I would recommend it to everyone. That said, there is always improvement that one can make at all times.

Hybrid Cloud
More Sophos Cyberoam UTM reviews from users
...who work at a Non Profit
...who compared it with Sophos UTM
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Cyberoam UTM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.