Sophos Cyberoam UTM Review

Integratable, easy setup, good for medium business, but has firewall limitation

What is our primary use case?

I am using the solution mostly internally for security, a firewall and internet. We have a lot of users with many user policies. Additionally, we use it for a DOS-specific file exchange.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to integrate.

What needs improvement?

I had an issue when I was trying to stop a user from using too much bandwidth while I was using Azure, I was not able to stop them. You normally can just right click and block them but in this solution, it was not working in the firewall settings.

I have been using the solution for 10 years.

I was running the solution for seven years and I did not have issues. I would rate the stability a four out of five.

For a medium-sized organization, the scalability was good.

The support was good. Whenever I needed to contact to support to create tickets, they contact me within a reasonable time and they resolved the issues.

The setup was easy.

On a yearly basis, it cost me approximately $1,500. While having 400 users and comparing the price to other solutions, what I was paying yearly was good.

What other advice do I have?

Cyberoam is going to end this year. They already have announced last year if you are an enterprise and have the support it will end.

What I have learned from using this solution is when choosing another product in the future I will do more technical feature comparisons. Having done the comparisons I most likely would not have been having some of the issues I was having because I would have gone with another solution.

I rate Sophos Cyberoam UTM a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Sophos Cyberoam UTM reviews from users
...who work at a Non Profit
...who compared it with Sophos UTM
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Cyberoam UTM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.