Sophos Cyberoam UTM Review

User-friendly portal, easy to scale, stable, and good price

What is our primary use case?

I am using it as a firewall for getting the internet for our users. I am using CR100i, which is an old model. I am going to replace this one.

What is most valuable?

Its portal is user-friendly. I am able to manage the user data and access control through this device.

What needs improvement?

It should have better VPN protection. Some of the VPN applications are not blocked by this firewall. Some VPNs are able to get through this firewall, which is why I am planning to replace this firewall with a good one in the near future.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

It is stable.

It is easy to scale. There are no problems or issues with it.

We have two administrators and 200 users. Out of these, 70 users are contract users.

We didn't face any issues with it so far.

I have used Cisco ASA, which is a different product. This is a UTM device, whereas Cisco ASA is purely a firewall. Some of the features that are available in this solution, such as user activities, user values management, and user time active, are not there in Cisco ASA.

Its initial setup is simple.

The first installation was done by the integrator. In terms of maintenance, at one time, there was a problem with the hardware of the device, and a memory part wasn't configured. They had replaced this memory. That was the only issue we had.

It is a cheap firewall. We are not paying for any license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is a good solution for an entry-level firewall. It is not suitable for large data center networks.

I would rate Sophos Cyberoam UTM a nine out of ten.

More Sophos Cyberoam UTM reviews from users
...who work at a Non Profit
...who compared it with Sophos UTM
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Cyberoam UTM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.