How has it helped my organization?
- Easy to deploy.
- Great IPS
- Managing APs is now easy
- Infected machines cannot connect the ERP until it is clean, so my internal servers are protected.
- Great reporting tool
- User, app, and protocol all are in control.
What is most valuable?
It has many features that no other competition has in single box so far, such as:
- Dual AV engine for web and email.
- Optimized three-clicks-to-anywhere navigation.
- New unified policy model enabling all business.
- User and network policies to be managed on a single screen with powerful filtering and search options.
- Policy Templates for common business applications, like Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, and many more defined in XML enabling customization and sharing.
- Custom IPS, Web, App, and Traffic Shaping (QoS) settings per user or network policy on a single screen.
- Sophos Security Heartbeat connecting Sophos endpoints with the Firewall to share health status and telemetry to enable instant identification of unhealthy or compromised endpoints
- Policy support for Sophos Security Heartbeat to automatically isolate or limit network access to compromised endpoints
- Application Risk Meter provides and overall risk factor based on the risk level of applications on the network
- FastPath Packet Optimization
- Hotspot support for (custom) vouchers
- Password of the day
- T&C acceptance
Other valuable features include:
- Wireless guest Internet access with walled garden options
- Time-based wireless network access
- Wireless repeating and bridging meshed network mode with supported APs
- Advanced Threat Protection (detect and block network traffic attempting to contact command and control servers using multi-layered DNS, AFC, and firewall).
- Sandstorm Cloud Sandbox Protection
- Patent-pending SPX encryption for one-way message encryption
- Recipient self-registration SPX password management
- Hundreds of on-box reports with custom report options: Dashboards (Traffic, Security, and User Threat Quotient).
- Applications (App Risk, Blocked Apps, Search Engines, Web Servers, and FTP)
- Network and Threats (IPS, ATP, Wireless, and Security Heartbeat)
- Compliance (HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, FISMA, PCI, NERC CIP v3, and CIPA)
- Robust hardware
- Huge RAM
What needs improvement?
On-box sandstorm should be available. As of now, it is from their cloud.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Used cyberoam iNG firewall/UTM.
The new model is Sophos XG and I am upgraded to that, which is a great solution.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup is very easy.
What about the implementation team?
What was our ROI?
Almost 100%. It saves a lot of man hours and bandwidth. Management loves its reporting.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The price is very competitive and the licensing is easy.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
- Value for money
- Easy deployment
- Sophos has a great vision, works on information security, products are available like endpoint, mobile mgmt., encryption, WiFi, server protection, email gateway, web gateway, and many more.
- Sophos Cloud is great.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?