Sophos Email Appliance Review

Stable and scalable with good filtering

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to control spam.

What is most valuable?

The filtering aspect is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes there are issues with exchange and active directory integration. This could be improved.

The solution needs to improve its CPNS.

There are a few issues with integration that need to be addressed; this would help make deployment easier for new users.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is stable. We haven't had any issues aside from some occasional problems with outgoing mail.

The solution is scalable. We have about 400 users on it right now.

We previously used Cyberoam. We switched due to how expensive their licensing was.

The initial setup was complex. In our case, it was because we had to integrate the solution with other applications. Deployment took us about three weeks.

We used a consultant that helped us implement the solution. We were 80% satisfied with their assistance. Aside from getting the email to work, everything else was fine.

We pay a yearly license fee and we're currently on a three-year contract.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd recommend the solution, but potential users should test it before fully implementing it.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. The product works, but it's not straightforward to set up.