Sophos Email Review

Spot-on anti-malware and risk scanning features

What is our primary use case?

I have a couple of clients who are using this solution. We use this solution to scan email for viruses.

What is most valuable?

The anti-malware, risk scanning has been pretty spot on.

What needs improvement?

They should allow copier release without having to create email accounts.

I've run into situations, especially when I'm using Office 365; if we're actually using copiers to send emails (of course you'd barely actually have to set up an email account, you just set it off to relay). If your exchange environment is only set to accept email from Sophos Email servers, those messages will never get delivered. Sophos flags them as spam and kills them even before they get there.

I have been using Sophos Email for two to three years.

Sophos Email is pretty stable.

The scalability is not relevant because they're on cloud-based servers.

Their technical support is slow to respond.

Years ago, I used to use Symantec for email security. Sophos offers a giant suite through their central managed console, they became MSP friendly. That's why we made the switch. We had a central pane of glass that actually viewed every single Sophos product that we would deploy to our clients.

There is an additional fee for their central managed console.

I haven't looked at the costs of that because I'm in a tier program. The licenses I sell for any Sophos product go into a pool. As long as I'm using a thousand different Sophos products, or a combination of those products, my tier drops.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

If you're thinking about implementing this solution, keep in mind that the tech support Is usually very slow.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Sophos Email a nine.

More Sophos Email reviews from users
...who compared it with Symantec Messaging Gateway
Find out what your peers are saying about Sophos, Microsoft, Fortinet and others in Email Security. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.