Sophos EPP Suite Review

Good DLP capability, easy to set up, and the technical support is responsive

What is our primary use case?

We use EPP Suite for a lot of things including DLP, EDR, device management, and application control.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is data loss prevention.

The rollback feature that SentinelOne has would be a great addition to Sophos.

What needs improvement?

If we could bypass the first couple of levels of support when we have a problem then it would be easier and quicker when we need an issue resolved.

I have been using the Sophos EPP Suite for about six months.

This product has been very stable and we haven't had any issues.

We have been scaling its use to other parts of the organization and so far, that experience has gone fairly well. We have about 700 people using it at this point. The users include administrations, first-level users, who are reviewers, and the support team. The security team uses it for reporting purposes.

Technical support is very responsive and also very timely in their responses. It does take time to get through the first, second, and third-level calls, but for the most part, they are timely.

This is our first EDR product.

The initial setup is very simple.

Our in-house team deployed it. We did have a conversation with Sophos on how to get it deployed and testing it in our environment.

We purchased a three-year license, which gave us a large discount.

I have seen CarbonBlack and McAfee, although I have not worked with them enough to know the differences.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing EPP Suite is to work with their integration team to learn the ins and outs of the product. They have got to spend a lot of time planning the process with Sophos, and Sophos has a team in place to help with that.

Overall, I would say that it is a good endpoint solution. I think that we're using every feature that they have. That said, I'm sure that there are some things that I'm missing.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Sophos EPP Suite reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with Trend Micro Smart Protection
Learn what your peers think about Sophos EPP Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.