Sophos EPP Suite Review

An all-in-one suite of tools that can makes our infrastructure more secure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is the main service and really the name of the product: Endpoint Protection. It's a firewall, it has antivirus protection and we use it for the encryption of our disks. It's also our web protection to keep out browser intrusion or infections.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made our infrastructure more secure.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable things are very simple. I like the ease of deployment. Intercept X has very good ransomware detection and rollback capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Part of the product that can be improved is the detection of other antivirus software. We had some trouble one time installing the product because there was a third-party antivirus product that we needed to remove before we could install Sophos. That detection in the installer could be better. It can easily be solved but does not have to be a problem in the first place.

Pricing could be improved because it is a bit expensive.

It would be nice if there were more capability to configure the notifications. We do get some notifications when a virus is detected or something is wrong, but we get notifications that the machine has to be restarted or other issues that should be handled by different people or different departments. There should be some distinction as to which notification type we want to send to a particular destination. That's something that should definitely be better in an enterprise solution.

We have been using this solution for about eight months

The product is very stable. We never experience any downtime.

Sophos EPP is very scalable. We currently have 200 users and there is never a problem with meeting those demands. The product only solves problems and we can always add more users. We hope we have the opportunity to scale up as the company grows. Use depends on the number of our employees. Before we add more, we have to use more.

I really don't know anything about the company support because I didn't need them. I think that says something about the product. I know that contacting the support team would have been an option, but we never had to.

Before we used Sophos as our main solution we used Trend Micro. It was a good product, but after comparison and the vendor offering a discount to switch, we tried Sophos and were very satisfied.

Our initial installation took a couple of months but, looking back, it could have been faster. A little familiarity with the product and better planning would have made the setup quicker.

We did our own installation.

It was nice of the vendor to offer a discount because we were replacing another antivirus solution. This helped us make the decision to change.

There are also additional charges if you want to have the EEPROM Protection (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) and Endpoint Protection with antivirus. These additions can cost a lot more.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Sophos EPP (EndPoint Protection) Suite as an eight. I think there's always something which could be better, but I might not know what. Really I could give it a nine because I can recommend the product as an excellent solution.