Sophos EPP Suite Review

Good centralized management and integrates well with other solutions

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider, and this is one of the products that we provide to our customers.

This solution is used for endpoint security at our customers' production sites. We do have a few individual users, but the majority of our deployments are business customers.

We have a cloud-based deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to centrally manage the total security environment, including the firewall.

This solution integrates well with the other Sophos components. Together, they provide synchronized security.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more logging features to help more deeply analyze traffic. This would provide us with more control over the products, incidents, issues, and so on.

It would be helpful to have more control of the devices attached to the desktop, giving us better visibility and manageability. This would help us to prevent Traversal attacks, where the user can plug in external USB devices, for example.

I have been using this solution for about five years.

I have had issues with respect to stability, but I think that the problem I encountered was due to an operating system issue. For example, when the operating system gets an update from Microsoft, sometimes an issue will appear that must be checked and monitored.

Generally, this solution is quite stable.

We have two or three people who use this solution in our office.

We have contacted technical support for incidents, and we have received good support from Sophos.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the environment.

For our residential users, the setup is easy.

For our corporate users, it is better to be introduced to the product through certification or online training. It is best to be trained before starting the installation.

Over the past few years, the installation process has changed and become easier.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.