Sophos Intercept X Review

A very complete solution with good functionalities and the capability to scale

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect our company from ransomware and malware attacks.

What is most valuable?

The product is very complete.

There are products that are technically stronger. However, this product has everything in one solution, which makes it a strong endpoint option.

There are good functionalities for advanced incorporation and good ADI functionalities that work well specifically against dangerous strains of malware and ransomware.

Since 2015, Sophos is trying to integrate its products with synchronized security. The communication from UTM to the agent goes both ways. It allows the platform to gain a very high amount of data about the Endpoint's telemetry and to give the administrators a lot of visibility. A lot of other platforms cannot synchronize with other security ICT solutions and cannot guarantee the same visibility at all.

What needs improvement?

The ADR functionalities feel like they aren't mature enough. It hasn't been a long time since Sophos has offered reproduction. Due to the fact that it's so young, it has fewer functionalities than other and more mature ADR solutions.

Sophos would benefit from a cloud server implementation on top of the cloud provider (whether it's Google, Amazon, Azure, etc.). The solution is great, however, it's still intended for traditional off-cloud usage. It's focused on endpoint protection of the end-user. It's less targeted on servers, especially Linux or newer implementations that have microservices contained within the environment.

I've been using the solution for about five years now.

The stability is good. We haven't seen any issues that would make us believe it is unreliable. We haven't had crashes. I don't really recall bugs or glitches.

The solution really targets medium-sized enterprises. Therefore, it's not a problem to scale until it reaches 5,000 users. Most of the Italian market would fit into this category, and therefore, it works pretty well for most organizations here.

I can say that I'm happy with the level of technical support we've received so far. In my experience, they are quick. There also isn't a language barrier. There is an Italian support team, which means we can speak with them in Italian. It's always easier than trying to explain difficult problems in other languages. They are quite efficient so I'm quite satisfied.

What other advice do I have?

I am a customer, however, I also have a partnership relationship with Sophos due to the fact that we are a security system integrator and post-security system integrator. That means we not only use Sophos, but we also propose it to our clients.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

I would recommend Sophos as one of the platforms to take into account when looking for a solution that would work for a mid-sized company. Whether it's the ideal solution or not depends on what objectives and goals the organization has. Those need to be taken into account when evaluating a potential solution.

That said, generally speaking, I would recommend Sophos. If you compare the environment, the scope, objectives, and goals of the organization, you'll be able to decide if Sophos would be right for you.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Sophos Intercept X reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.