Sophos Intercept X Review

Good, reliable, and easy to deploy with zero-day protection and lesser price than other solutions

What is most valuable?

We find all features valuable. It has zero-day protection, which is the most valuable feature of Intercept X.

We have Intercept X with EDR. EDR is a very important feature. It gives an idea about the source of a particular attack. An administrator gets to know everything, which helps in understanding the things that need to be done or protected in the organization. Based on this information, an administrator can decide what needs to open or allowed in the network. Without EDR, Intercept X is like an antivirus, and the administrator won't get to know the things going on at the organizational level. I recommend purchasing an EDR solution for every organization.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if it can automatically generate a report for each and every user so that the users get to know the things that shouldn't be accessed from their PCs. It can have information about malicious and non-malicious sites so users are aware of them, and they don't access malicious websites. Such reports can be generated at the end of the day.

We should also be able to get through to their support team quickly. Currently, it takes more than half an hour to get through to a technical person.

I have been using Intercept X with EDR for the last one year. We have its latest version. It is automatically updated through Sophos Central.

If an endpoint has at least 4GB RAM and the latest OS, the stability and performance are better. If RAM is too less, there is slowness.

We have implemented it for so many customers. One of them has more than 1,500 users. In an on-prem solution, scalability could be challenging. For example, if you are using 1,000 endpoints and want to add 500 more, you need to expand the server memory or RAM. In a cloud solution, you don't need to do any such thing.

They have a very less number of people in their technical team. When I call the Sophos team, it takes more than half an hour to connect to a technical person, which is very challenging. We should be able to get through to them quickly.

Its initial setup is fine. If an end-user is using an old OS version, you need to download the latest patches and all other things. For Windows 10 and higher versions, only the client is downloaded from Sophos Central, and it will automatically sync with the cloud.

I have implemented this solution for so many customers. I am pretty confident in the implementation of Intercept X.

Its price depends on the scenario. It is very expensive, but it is not more expensive than other vendors. The price of Check Point and other vendors is much higher than Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Sophos Intercept X as well as Check Point.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X a ten out of ten. It is a good and reliable solution.

More Sophos Intercept X reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.