Sophos Intercept X Review

A good solution with good stability and good price

What is our primary use case?

My client is a BPO with three branches. One branch is in the US, and two branches are in India. We are using Sophos for the best connectivity. We are using Sophos for endpoint, DLP, and encryption. We are also using it for content filtering and managing security policies. Currently, we are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and has a good price. I find it very good.

What needs improvement?

They need to focus on their SLA or technical support. They also need to focus on their UI.

They should also improve their content filtering tool and update it so that correct categories are there. Sometimes, when I want to block an online gaming website, it is not shown under the correct category. It is shown under another category. They need to review their content filtering tool on a bi-weekly or monthly basis and update the sites and categories. This will be really helpful for them.

I have been using this solution for two to three years.

I am happy with its stability.

I have not scaled it. Currently, I have only one client who is using it.

They need to work on their SLA or technical support. Their technical support is not as good as Cisco's support.

They get back in one or two hours, which is not good enough for a security or firewall solution. This is because an organization's security and all the outgoing and incoming traffic depends on the firewall. When they take one hour and two hours to provide the support, an organization is in danger during that whole duration. There are many threats on the internet, and they need only five minutes to hack.

We also work with Fortinet, Palo Alto, and Check Point solutions. If a client has Check Point, we work with that. Similarly, if a client has Sophos, we work with Sophos. We have knowledge of different end products. As compared to Cisco ASA, Sophos is good. However, Palo Alto and Check Point are better than Sophos.

If you have more than five years of experience in network security or network administration, it is easy, but if you are a fresher, it is very difficult.

In terms of duration, it takes two days for it to be completely functional in production. Just connecting it doesn't take more than three to four hours.

Price-wise, it is good. Currently, we have a three-year plan.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I find it very good. If you have an experienced engineer with more than five years of experience, you can easily maintain a Sophos solution. An experienced engineer would not require any support and will be capable of handling it. However, if you have someone with two or three years of experience, it will be difficult to handle all the features.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

More Sophos Intercept X reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.