Sophos Intercept X Review

Enables us to watch the throughputs and the loading of the device to see how much traffic is happening

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the supervisory side of it where we can watch the throughputs and even the loading of the device, to see how much traffic is happening.

What needs improvement?

In terms of the site-to-site VPN elements, they tend to concentrate. It's quite simple when there are Meraki devices at both ends of the VPN but if there is another user at one end, on another device, it can be a bit tricky. So they could really simplify that process a bit.

I've been using the solution for 18-20 months.

So far, the solution has been very stable.

At the moment, we have no plans to expand further. We might in the next six months or so. I believe it will easily scale. We've just not gone into that yet but it looks promising. At the moment, we have around 50 users.

I've only had to deal with technical support in relation to site-to-site VPN problems. I did find them to be very helpful.

At the moment, we don't have ROI because we've been given a very generous period of trial for this machine, we've not had to actually spend any money so far. So, in terms of return of the investment, it's not really applicable at the moment.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice, I would make sure that, in terms of capacity, to get the right version, to find the right level of device. MX64 is a fairly small business-scale device. We were a bit hesitant about going for that, given the scalability of it at that point. But, obviously, make sure that you go in with enough extra capacity to deal with any increases you have in traffic demand.

If you're setting up a VPN on the MX64, if both ends end up being a Meraki device, then it's simple to set it up. But when it isn't, it's a bit more complex. Eventually, it causes a lot of statistical information that they could provide if the devices are Meraki at both ends. If they could provide that same facility for setups where the network doesn't involve an MX64 or a Meraki device at both ends, that would be great.

I would rate this solution an 8 out of 10.