Sophos Intercept X Review

Integrated anti-malware, next-generation firewalls, and IPS for network security solutions

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the interception solution in Sophos Intercept X.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Sophos Intercept X for Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) in our organization.

What is most valuable?

The future's about anti-malware, next-generation firewalls, and IPS. We value the IDS features of Sophos Intercept X the most. This is the best solution that we use and need.

What needs improvement?

Sophos Intercept X has room for improvement in the user management of live events.

They should work on the logs and events. Sophos Intercept X needs to increase the interface test so that it can export to a live event.

I have been using this solution less than a year.

The stability of this solution was great. Sophos is a very powerful tool for all of our needs.

We have an enterprise company. There are branches all over the world. Support for 50 schools over the internet is what we're supposed to intercept. It is scalable.

We have about 500 end users. For deployment and maintenance, we require just a few people. It is done by me and one of my colleagues.

The technical support is not good because we are in Iran. We don't have any solidarity support from the company. We have some sanctions on. We just handle everything by ourselves.

Before Sophos, we had older hardware that was not able to handle this software. We decided to change the solution to the Sophos device.

The setup of Sophos Intercept X was straightforward. Our deployment took about two days, each day six to seven hours of work.

We have used both consultants and a reseller.

We renew the license for one year at $10,000.

What other advice do I have?

Sophos Intercept X is easy to deploy. It has all the features for a small, medium, or large scale business. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate this product an eight.

The security of other devices on Cisco is more reliable and stable, but the user control in Sophos is a feature that Cisco doesn't have.