Sophos Managed Threat Response Review

Seamless integration, remote control access, high overall security protection

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution in conjunction with others. We usually put both endpoint detection solutions in some of our desktops and in others, we have the Sophos desktop solution combined with Sophos firewall switches.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of this solution is the ability to interact with the firewall and workstations seamlessly to shut down the threats. Additionally, you are able to control the workstations remotely. This most robust solution out in the industry today.

There is a high level of protection to prevent both ransomware and malicious software from the exterior of the network, down to the workstations. The workstations are analyzed to prevent threats that come in through network packets, such as in email. You need to keep email secure because a lot of these malicious threats are coming in from email.

Nowadays, a lot of social interactions are through the internet and if somebody giving out passwords or is not keeping up with security best practices they could be vulnerable to attacks.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in performance and upgrades.

I have been using the solution for approximately one year.

The solution is very stable.

I have found the scalability to be good. We do not have plans to increase usage in the near future.

The technical support has been good, we had no problems.

The installation was straightforward and the implementation took approximately three months.

We have a team of three people that do the deployment and maintenance of the solution.

The cost of the solution is based on how many users use it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others thinking about implementing this solution is to negotiate for a lower price and it is a benefit to have someone who understands firewalls and their basic implementation.

I would recommend this solution to those who want to have complete security protection.

I rate Sophos Managed Threat Response a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Sophos, CrowdStrike, Dell EMC and others in Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Updated: June 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.