Sophos Network Access Control Review

Very user-friendly, with good useability, but needs to offer better documentation

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good visibility.

The fact that it is a single management solution is quite useful. Whether it's on-premises or on the cloud, we're able to manage it centrally.

The solution is quite user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

We don't have much experience with the solution just yet. It's only been a few months. I'm not sure which features are lacking.

A few items are complex when it comes to handling the initial setup.

The solution could offer more useful documentation.

We found it difficult to find metrics on the solution. They should work to make this more intuitive.

I've been working with the solution for just about three months.

The solution is stable. I haven't seen any bugs or glitches. There haven't been any crashes. We can count on it. It's reliable. It's quite good.

The scalability is very, very good. They use very light containers. It's not hard to expand if a company needs to. However, pricing is based on the devices themselves. If a company needs additional devices, it becomes much less feasible. A large corporation won't have trouble with this, but a smaller organization might.

I don't have enough experience with technical support to really comment on their level of service. The solution is still new to us.

We're also using Cisco and Fortinet solutions.

The initial setup has a moderate level of difficulty. Some things are simple. Others are more complex.

The deployment typically takes a week or two.

I handled the deployment myself with the help of a team.

The pricing is okay, but the cost of scaling can be expensive if a company must buy more devices.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If the metrics were easier to find, we would rate it higher.

More Sophos Network Access Control reviews from users