Sophos SafeGuard Review
Sophos SafeGuard: Custom Info Items for Absolute Manage

Whenever we implement new software, I try to include some tracking that can be used in Absolute Manage. Recently we’ve been working to get our Macs encrypted using Sophos SafeGuard full disk encryption. To make some reporting that is easy for our guys to use, I created two simple custom info items.
The first custom info item is for tracking the current encryption status of the Mac. This will list three different states of the drive including Not Installed, Encrypting, and Encrypted. This status will update in Absolute Manage every time inventory is taken of the machine, or you can force it by gathering inventory.

1 #!/bin/sh
3 #Check to see if SafeGuard is installed
4 if [ -f "/usr/bin/sgadmin" ]; then
5 /usr/bin/sgadmin --status | grep -A 3 "Volume info" | grep "| 0" | awk -F '|' '{print $5}'
6 else
7 echo "Not installed"
8 fi
9 exit 0

The second custom info item will show the last time the computer checked into the Enterprise console with it’s encryption status. We do our own tracking of the Macs using this field in Absolute Manage, but management does it’s tracking of both PCs and Macs in a separate central console.

1 #!/bin/sh
3 #Check to see if SafeGuard is installed
4 if [ -f "/usr/bin/sgadmin" ]; then
5 /usr/bin/sgadmin --status | grep "Last contact" | awk '{print $4, $5, $6, $7, $8}'
6 else