Sophos SafeGuard Review
Offers a three-click policy setup.

What is most valuable?

• The software offers a three-click policy setup
  • There is no key management servers to install
  • The compliance and reporting features are simple
  • The option for self-service key recovery for the user or administrator is simplistic.

How has it helped my organization?

As part of security consulting, different projects and clients require different levels of security. For the last few years, I used Sophos high security routers. I have come to find the full disk encryption and enterprise management options in SafeGuard to rank very well.

What needs improvement?

I do not see very many downfalls, but I would recommend adding a few different encryption algorithms. For example, adding Triple DES, Blowfish, and Twofish, would only provide added value to the users. They could then decide how to secure the data they are using the product for.

We have been using this solution for three years.

No deployment problems were encountered in any respect. Even using it on an Android phone was seamless.

There were no stability issues.

From single, high net worth people to a 430 person law firm, I have yet to hear a concern with scalability.

Customer service is very good. There have been no issues.

The two times tech support was needed, we received great service.

We did not try other solutions

It was easy to setup.

We did the implementation in-house.

Compared to the potential loss if a breach occurred, the little higher investment is worth protecting data.

Pricing is a little more than similar products. However, the name and bullet proof security offered is superior once you get into the fine details of what the product offers.

We evaluated BitLocker and Symantec PGP.

What other advice do I have?

For high security routers, whole disk security, and enterprise management, Sophos is and will continue to remain a leader.

1 Comment