Sophos SafeGuard Review

A stable, easy to scale solution with very good encryption capabilities

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution are the fact that they are able to encrypt the hard disk and to encrypt USB sticks.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not using other features like booting encryption, because it causes very heavy processing of the workstation. If they could find some way to handle the encryption and decryption to be lighter on the workstation it would be better.

It would be ideal if the solution could make the processing possible on an appliance, instead of having to install it on a machine. Also, it should be in the network layers and communicate with more workstations. The encryption and decryption processing should not be on the workstation; rather it should be on the appliance.

The solution is very stable.

It's very, very easy to scale the solution. You do not need to make any upgrades. You just need to adjust the sizing to expand. You can expand at any time.

Technical support is very good, but sometimes they take a while to respond. This solution's very complex and still in the development process. Sometimes customers will ask for items that need to be developed or are not easy to develop. The solution is putting out a lot of updates, however, so they're constantly working to create a better product.

The initial setup was straight forward. The settings are not complex. However, sometimes some encryption settings have a complex configuration.

We are a distributor of the solution. We recommend users use professional services to assist us with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

There's not a good market for this type of solution here in Egypt. It might be because here in Egypt there isn't a great need for this kind of solution yet. There are no compliance regulations from the government. However, the solution offers good features and I believe would be good for customers. There are so many areas where customers need encryption technology.