Sophos UTM Review

Stable with an easy initial implementation and a very nice user interface

What is most valuable?

The solution's user interface is very user-friendly. It's very easy to navigate.

They have an all-in-one product for small businesses. Basically, I do not want to manage the firewall for four products. I'll take it all in one. It makes everything easier to manage.

It's really good and it's been working really well over the last few years.

The initial setup has been very simple and straightforward.

The stability, overall, is excellent. I haven't had a problem in the last two years.

What needs improvement?

It is a fine product, however, I need more endpoint protection.

They should release a license for more than 50 IPs. As of now I have had some discussion about with management, and we need to do some planning and around that to see if we can change things.

The pricing is too high. There are other options that are less expensive, such as Bitdefender. In fact, Bitdefender is very good, aside from lacking a firewall such as this. Beyond that, it's a very good product with central management on-premises.

It would be nice if it had basic features, such as DLP (Data Loss Prevention).

I've only been using the solution for about two years or so at this point.

The stability has been excellent. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's very good and very reliable.

This solution is perfect for small businesses.

I don't have too much experience with technical support. I only recall one case where I had to contact them directly. I recall them being very helpful and responsive. I had a good experience and was satisfied with their level of service.

The solution is being discontinued. Hopefully, whatever they replace it with will be very good for small businesses as well.

The initial setup was not complex. It was very simple and very straightforward. It was not difficult at all. A company shouldn't have any trouble with the process. Specifically, if you have experience in IT, you will find it very easy to deploy these products.

What other advice do I have?

I am a Sophos customer.

I'm using UTM for home use only. It's only four 50 IPS.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. Overall, it's worked really really well. Everything from the updates to the signatures has been very helpful for our business.

I would recommend this product to other users and other organizations.

More Sophos UTM reviews from users
...who compared it with Meraki MX
Learn what your peers think about Sophos UTM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.