Sophos XG Review

Stable product with easy setup well recommended, customer support and fiber options on smaller models could be improved

What is our primary use case?

We were able to integrate the solution using existing infrastructure installed, such as different firewalls and security software. We have integrated the solution in multiple sectors, for example, the education and banking sectors.

How has it helped my organization?

UTM appliances have generally improved organization networks and given away to multiple link management, identity management, and easy firewall options. SOPHOS has a better GUI and dashboard which can be easily understood and managed in an organization.

What is most valuable?

The solution was able to be integrated well with exciting hardware and software and in multiple business sectors.

What needs improvement?

With the proliferation of fiber connectivity becoming available at our homes, consumers should not have to go and buy another module for fiber to ethernet converters or another device to get the fiber options. I understand all UTM models should have direct SFP ports available so that FFTH is directly terminated to UTM for better management and uptime.

I have been using the solution for the past five years.

I have found it to be a stable product.

I can say it is more stable rather than scalable. I do not think they have the ability for scalability with the options currently included esp in SMB segment. However, if they did have better options then I believe the product would have better scalability.

Some of our clients have been enterprise and SMB customers. Overall the range of our clients has been between medium and enterprise clients.

The customer support is not that good. We found the support to be extremely slow in response.

I rate Sophos XG support a three out of ten.

We have used other products as well and we understand those products work well which has better and local support. In addition, it depends on the company's focus. SOPHOS has focused on small to enterprise customers but support needs improvement to be in the market. SOPHOS channel partnership program needs also improvement and commitment so that System Integrators and partners are able to pitch the products well in the market.

Setup is good and the integration is very easy. The technology creates several good products.

We do the deployment and implementation of the solutions.

They should include fiber SFP ports on smaller product models as well and the tools should be improved for scalability.

What other advice do I have?

I can definitely recommend the product because it is good. There is no doubt.

I rate Sophos XG a 6 out of 10.

XG 550, 230 and 135
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Channel Partner and Consultant to various Customers.
More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.