Sophos XG Review

Easy to use, scalable, and fairly stable, but needs simplified interface and better security

What is our primary use case?

We are using it at a gateway level. We are using Sophos XG Series 135.

What is most valuable?

We find it easy to use. Its internal configuration is very easy. It is not complicated in terms of use and configuration.

It has been fairly stable, and it is also scalable.

What needs improvement?

They can simplify its interface so that it is mostly drag-and-drop. There was an SQL injection attack on some Sophos devices. They just need to harden their devices a little bit so that they can't be hacked very easily.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It has been fairly stable.

It is scalable. We had scaled it for the number of users that we have, and it has worked fine for us. We have around 40 users.

We rarely contact their technical support. There was a time when our head office contacted their technical support. It was an issue in 2008, and they provided a patch.

We used Cisco ASA five or six years ago.

We found it easy to install. Its installation took around one to one and a half hours.

I did it myself. I have had some training on the product. In terms of support, we have just two guys who handle the support. Two people are enough for its deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is a fairly stable and good solution. We will keep on using it.

I would rate Sophos XG a seven out of ten.

More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.