Sophos XG Review

A firewall solution with many good features

What is most valuable?

I like the web filter, application filter, and VBA. There are so many good features. The most powerful thing is clearly the software. I can easily do whatever I want.

What needs improvement?

Their updates can be faster and more regular. Right now, it's updated monthly. When I need to update the firmware, I want it done within weeks, not months. There are also some changes in version 18, like rules, that aren't needed.

Sophos XG is a very powerful and stable solution. It's more stable than Cyberoam.

Sophos XG is scalable.

Technical support is good and easy to deal with. If I have a problem, I open the ticket, and I call, and the problem's solved automatically by them.

We used Cyberoam ten years ago and then transferred to Sophos. We switched because it was the latest technology.

The initial setup was very easy because you can follow the manuals, follow your past experiences, and so on. We also need about three to six people a day to maintain this solution.

At first, I thought the price was very high. But when I read about the machine's features, we decided to go with it. Now I think the price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Sophos XG a nine.

Latest Version
More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.