Sophos XG Review

Management centralized, highly scalable, and technical support helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution as a firewall to protect all the computers in our financial organization, we did not have one before.

What is most valuable?

I have found the feature allowing you to manage everything from a centralized location beneficial.

What needs improvement?

I am using the Azure Active Directory in my company and it was complicated to integrate this solution with Azure. I had to use an internal VPN and had to do many configurations to get it operating. This process should be easier to implement.

I have been using the solution for the past six months.

The solution has been stable in my experience.

One of the main reason I chose this solution was great scalability. I have approximately 150 people using this solution in my company.

The technical support is very good. Two months ago we needed help with implementation and they helped us with the configuration of Azure and this solution. You are able to find everything in the documents for the solution, it comes with easy to follow information with photos.

I was using Cisco products before and we decided to switch to this solution because of Sophos Central and it is easier to manage.

The setup was easy to manage for this solution.

It has taken us six months to implement the solution and I am still deploying my system. We used another company to help us do the deployment and maintenance is done by a team of three.

I paid for a license for the solution for three years costing approximately $11,000. Additionally, I received the Web Appliance fee for paying for the full license.

What other advice do I have?

All my experience with this solution has been good. I would recommend this to others and already have.

I rate Sophos XG a nine out of ten.

More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.