Sophos XG Review

Good reporting, stable, with local support available

What is our primary use case?

I am a reseller.

What is most valuable?

It is feature-rich, I like the server authentication, and the reports are good.

What needs improvement?

The recent changes of the policy compared to Cyberoam are a little bit less user-friendly and complicated. Cyberoam is much easier to use.

Security could be better.

In the next release, I would like to see improvements made to the policy and simplify the policy-making, as the complexity of it makes it really tough.

I have been working with Sophos XG for more than six years.

It's a stable product.

It's more scalable than most, but like other products, a Sandbox cannot be scalable.

Our clients are small and medium-sized companies.

We get a local-level team for support. There is less support with Cyberoam.

Cyberoam is the first product I started selling. We sell Fortinet also. Customers prefer Fortinet.

There is not a lot of difference between Sophos and Fortinet, they are very similar but in a large environment, Fortinet is better.

The initial setup is really not a problem, but the policy-making is a bit complex.

The price is not reasonable. The price is a bit higher.

Cyberoam is better in terms of cost.

What other advice do I have?

I always recommend Sophos but there is a Enterprise security concern so I prefer Palo Alto.

I would rate Sophos XG an eight out of ten.

More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.